ResearchSoft Malware Removal Guide
ResearchSoft Malware Description and Removal Instructions:
Malware Category: Rogueware
ResearchSoft Malware is a malicious trojan from the Tech Support Scam family that appears as a legitimate Windows update. However, it will display fake warnings that your computer has been infected or it has errors so that you can call the listed phone number. The ResearchSoft Malware injects into the Operating System to change permission policies and to modify the registry. Most likely, ResearchSoft Malware was installed by the user not knowing that this program is malicious. The distribution of ResearchSoft Malware is most certainly related to downloading fake Windows updates, installing third-party programs “supposedly” required to properly view a webpage or watch videos, clicking on ads or banners, downloading attachments or receiving files through a social media.
ResearchSoft Malware might display warning message about corrupted Windows system files. The removal of such files might produce unwanted error messages or to crash your system. All alerts, scan results or pop-up messages are fake.
ResearchSoft Malware may also disable other software on your PC, like anti-virus security suites or the windows firewall. This is a protection mechanism. Also such rogue software may alter your browser settings and hide itself. Thus, making the removal quite challenging for beginners. If you`re not confident enough, we strongly recommend to remove the infection automatically.
ResearchSoft Malware may show some of these (or similar) security alerts below:
“Don’t turn off your computer
We couldn’t undo the changes\r\nContact Support 1-800-418-4202″
The notifications are fake and are used to trick the user that one`s PC is at risk. Such marketing practice would generate income for the developers. Purchasing ResearchSoft Malware will expose your personal information to third-parties and there is a great change to become a victim of a credit card or identity fraud.
*Please note that such software could lead to more malware coming in your computer and even cause a loss of data. Such threats are not to be underestimated!
How To Remove:
There is an automatic removal, using specialized software suite like SpyHunter (recommended for novice users and fast removal), or manual removal method (recommended for experts), using your own skills to remove the infection.
Automatic ResearchSoft Malware Removal:
We recommend using SpyHunter Malware Security Suite.
You can download and install SpyHunter to detect ResearchSoft Malware and remove it.
SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect all threats present on your system.
Learn more about SpyHunter, or if you want to check out the Install Instructions. SpyHunter`s free diagnosis offers free scans and detection. You can remove the detected files, processes and registry entries manually, by yourself, or to purchase the full version to perform an automatic removal and also to receive free professional help for any malware related queries by the technical support department.
Manual ResearchSoft Malware Removal:
*Please note that you should proceed at your own risk. Some incorrectly taken actions might lead to loss of data or destroy your system. Therefore, the manual removal is strongly recommended for experts only. For everyday users, SpywareTechs.com recommends using SpyHunter or any other reputable security solution.
1. Remove ResearchSoft Malware by Restoring Your System to a Previous State:
1. Restart your PC into Safe Mode with Command Prompt. To do that, turn your machine off and then start it up again. Then, when the first POST screen appears (white text), start tapping the F8 key repeatedly.
***For Windows 8/10:
If you are using Windows 8/10, you need to hold the Shift button and tap the F8 key repeatedly, this should load the new advanced “recovery mode”, where you can choose the advanced repair options to show up. On the next screen, you will need to click on the Troubleshoot option, then select Advanced Options and select Windows Startup Settings. Click on the Restart button, and you should now be able to see the Advanced Boot Options screen.
2. Use the arrow keys on your keyboard to select the option “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and hit “Enter”.
3. When the command prompt loads, type the following:
Windows XP: C:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe and press Enter
Windows Vista/7/8/10: C:\windows\system32\rstrui.exe and press Enter
4. System Restore should start up. You will see a list of restore points. Try use a restore point created just before the date and time the problem occurred. When System Restore completes, start your computer in Windows normal mode and scan your computer using anti-spyware software like SpyHunter.
2. Remove ResearchSoft Malware Under Safe Mode or using a Bootable Disc:
1. Reboot your computer by using the information above but select Safe Mode with networking. Alternatively, you can boot the computer from a Bootable CD that you need to prepare before the removal process.
2. *If you are under Safe Mode or Normal Mode, check for the following process running in memory and kill it:
%CommonAppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\ svc-<random>.exe
3. Open Registry Editor (If using Bootable CD -> load the registry hive).
4. Check for the following registry keys for entries or values added by the infection and remove them:
*Default entry must be: Explorer.exe
*Default entry must be: C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,
*Default entry must be:
Windows XP: rundll32 shell32,Control_RunDLL “sysdm.cpl”
Windows Vista/7/8: SystemPropertiesPerformance.exe /pagefile
*Please be extremely careful of modifying the default entries of Shell; UserInit and AppInit as you can break your system.
5. Check the following entries/values and remove/modify them:
6. Delete any Files or Folders Related to ResearchSoft Malware:
Remove the following files, if found:
C:\Windows\Marketing Research Association\Research Soft\Research Soft.exe