MS Office Activation Malware Removal Guide
MS Office Activation Malware Description and Removal Instructions:
Malware Category: PUP/Adware
MS Office Activation Malware is a toolkit used to crack Microsoft products Most of these toolkits come with a trojan which infects the user`s computer upon using the crack. When the toolkit is started, it may execute malious codes to infect your machine.
Once installed, the user may experience all kinds of pop-up windows, warnings or error messages.
MS Office Activation Malware could come bundled with malicious software. With user`s agreement, during a “recommended” installation, one could end up with multiple threats installed. The distribution of MS Office Activation Malware is most likely through torrents and hosted links.
In general, MS Office Activation Malware may collect sensitive information that may compromise the user. MS Office Activation Malware could read cookies and may steal your personal details. We advise you, to take appropriate action, as this is a serious threat to your online security and identity.
*Please note that such software could lead to more malware coming in your computer and even cause a loss of data. Such threats are not to be underestimated!
How To Remove:
There is an automatic removal, using specialized software suite like SpyHunter (recommended for novice users and fast removal), or manual removal method (recommended for experts), using your own skills to remove the infection.
Automatic MS Office Activation Malware Removal:
We recommend using SpyHunter Malware Security Suite.
You can download and install SpyHunter to detect MS Office Activation Malware and remove it.
SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect all threats present on your system.
Learn more about SpyHunter, or if you want to check out the Install Instructions. SpyHunter`s free diagnosis offers free scans and detection. You can remove the detected files, processes and registry entries manually, by yourself, or to purchase the full version to perform an automatic removal and also to receive free professional help for any malware related queries by the technical support department.
Manual MS Office Activation Malware Removal:
*Please note that you should proceed at your own risk. Some incorrectly taken actions might lead to loss of data or destroy your system. Therefore, the manual removal is strongly recommended for experts only. For everyday users, SpywareTechs.com recommends using SpyHunter or any other reputable security solution.
1. Remove MS Office Activation Malware Uninstall Entry:
Go to Control Panel and click on Programs and Features (Windows Vista/7/8/10) or Add/Remove Programs (Windows XP) and check the Uninstall Programs` List for any entries related to MS Office Activation Malware/AdPeak or Level Quality Watchers or any third-party add-ons, extensions and toolbars. If you find some, double-click on them to uninstall. Bear in mind that you may not be able to remove it directly from the list.
*(Start -> Control Panel -> Programs and Features or Add/Remove Programs) or “Win + R” keys to open “Run” and type in “control”, then hit enter.
2. Remove MS Office Activation Malware From Your Browser:
Go to Tools -> Internet options -> Advanced Tab and click the Reset button (make sure to select the Delete Personal Settings checkbox).
*please note that in order to save your favorites, you need to export them before resetting the browser as you will lose your personal settings.
After IE completes the operation, click close button and then close IE in order for the changes to take effect.
Go to the following path (copy-paste it for easy access) and delete the entire “Chrome” folder.
For Windows XP: %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\
For Windows Vista/Windows 7/8/10: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Google\
Alternatively, navigate to these folders manually:
For Windows XP:
- Click on “Start” in the lower left portion of the screen.
- Choose “Run”. 3. Type %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\ and hit Enter.
For Windows Vista/7/8/10:
- Click on the Windows logo in the lower left portion of the screen.
- Type %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Google\ and hit Enter
- Click the Firefox button at the top of the Firefox main window (upper-left corner), and navigate to the Help sub-menu and select Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the Reset Firefox button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.
- To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.
- Firefox will close and reset itself. When done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish and Firefox will re-open.
- Press “Windows” key on your keyboard. Type “AOL System Information” in the “Search” box, and hit “Enter”. This will open up the “AOL System Information” window.
- Click on “AOL Software” tab (in the left pane) then on the “Quick Restore” button.
- Confirm with “OK” when you get the “Warning” prompt dialog box. Hit “OK” button if you want to reset your settings.
- Press “Close” after the process finishes. Your AOL Desktop will be reset.
3. Delete any Files or Folders Related to MS Office Activation Malware: