Maxi Buy Chrome Extension Removal Guide
Maxi Buy Chrome Extension Description and Removal Instructions:
Malware Category: PUP/Adware
Maxi Buy Chrome Extension is an add-on extension which infects the most popular browsers: AOL, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome. It falls into the PUP (Potentially Unwanted Programs) category or is considered as an adware software/extension that will pop-up random boxes, ads or third-party sponsored links. Maxi Buy Chrome Extension will shoot out unwanted ads whenever you start browsing. Usually they hold a little text stating: “brought to you by Maxi Buy”. Maxi Buy Chrome Extension may also highlight words in the content and will convert them into redirecting hyperlinks. Sometimes a double-underlined link may show up, just to get your attention. Whenever your cursor goes over the link – an advertisement will pop up.
Once installed, the user may experience all kinds of pop-up windows, banners, ads, search suggestions or sponsored links. There might also be a button, referring to related content, offered by the malicious PUP or adware. Performed searches may also be altered, showing incorrect information, spam or third-party advertising.
Maxi Buy Chrome Extension could come bundled with other free software. With user`s agreement, during a “recommended” installation, one could end up with multiple threats installed. The distribution of Maxi Buy Chrome Extension is most likely related to installing different third-party toolbars, all kinds of free software, random clicking on ads, pop-up windows, banners or even downloading attached files from your personal e-mail inbox.
In general, Maxi Buy Chrome Extension tries to bring as many users as possible to the developers of such malicious software in order to generate profit. It also collects sensitive information that may compromise the user. Maxi Buy Chrome Extension could read cookies and may steal your personal details. We advise you, to take appropriate action, as it is a serious threat to your online security and identity.
*Please note that such software could lead to more malware coming in your computer and even cause a loss of data. Such threats are not to be underestimated!
How To Remove:
There is an automatic removal, using specialized software suite like SpyHunter (recommended for novice users and fast removal), or manual removal method (recommended for experts), using your own skills to remove the infection.
Automatic Maxi Buy Chrome Extension Removal:
We recommend using SpyHunter Malware Security Suite.
You can download and install SpyHunter to detect Maxi Buy Chrome Extension and remove it.
SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect all threats present on your system.
Learn more about SpyHunter, or if you want to check out the Install Instructions. SpyHunter`s free diagnosis offers free scans and detection. You can remove the detected files, processes and registry entries manually, by yourself, or to purchase the full version to perform an automatic removal and also to receive free professional help for any malware related queries by the technical support department.
Manual Maxi Buy Chrome Extension Removal:
*Please note that you should proceed at your own risk. Some incorrectly taken actions might lead to loss of data or destroy your system. Therefore, the manual removal is strongly recommended for experts only. For everyday users, SpywareTechs.com recommends using SpyHunter or any other reputable security solution.
1. Remove Maxi Buy Chrome Extension Uninstall Entry:
Go to Control Panel and click on Programs and Features (Windows Vista/7/8/10) or Add/Remove Programs (Windows XP) and check the Uninstall Programs` List for any entries related to Maxi Buy Chrome Extension/AdPeak, Level Quality Watchers, 1ClickDownload, Yontoo and FBPhotoZoom, Superfish or any third-party add-ons, extensions and toolbars. If you find some, double-click on them to uninstall. Bear in mind that you may not be able to remove it directly from the list.
*(Start -> Control Panel -> Programs and Features or Add/Remove Programs) or “Win + R” keys to open “Run” and type in “control”, then hit enter.
2. Remove Maxi Buy Chrome Extension From Your Browser:
Go to Tools -> Internet options -> Advanced Tab and click the Reset button (make sure to select the Delete Personal Settings checkbox).
*please note that in order to save your favorites, you need to export them before resetting the browser as you will lose your personal settings.
After IE completes the operation, click close button and then close IE in order for the changes to take effect.
Go to the following path (copy-paste it for easy access) and delete the entire “Chrome” folder.
For Windows XP: %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\
For Windows Vista/Windows 7/8/10: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Google\
Alternatively, navigate to these folders manually:
For Windows XP:
- Click on “Start” in the lower left portion of the screen.
- Choose “Run”. 3. Type %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\ and hit Enter.
For Windows Vista/7/8/10:
- Click on the Windows logo in the lower left portion of the screen.
- Type %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Google\ and hit Enter
- Click the Firefox button at the top of the Firefox main window (upper-left corner), and navigate to the Help sub-menu and select Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the Reset Firefox button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.
- To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.
- Firefox will close and reset itself. When done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish and Firefox will re-open.
- Press “Windows” key on your keyboard. Type “AOL System Information” in the “Search” box, and hit “Enter”. This will open up the “AOL System Information” window.
- Click on “AOL Software” tab (in the left pane) then on the “Quick Restore” button.
- Confirm with “OK” when you get the “Warning” prompt dialog box. Hit “OK” button if you want to reset your settings.
- Press “Close” after the process finishes. Your AOL Desktop will be reset.
3. Check for Added Arguments by Maxi Buy Chrome Extension in Your Browser`s Shortcuts:
Maxi Buy Chrome Extension might also hijack your web browser shortcut in order to force-load a different homepage. When you launch a hijacked shortcut, it will open up a malicious page instead of yours.
The argument that Maxi Buy Chrome Extension uses in order to hijack your browser should look like to the one below:
Remove it manually, by editing the shortcut`s target line.
4. Delete any Files or Folders Related to Maxi Buy Chrome Extension: