Apusx.com Removal Guide
Apusx.com Description and Removal Instructions:
Malware Category: Browser Hijackers
Apusx.com is actually a browser hijacker. Once installed onto a customer`s machine, it will infect your browser and change your browser`s settings like your home page and the default search engine. When a browser is launched, the user will be redirected to http://www.apusx.com/ or similar. All search results will be altered, showing incorrect information, spam or third-party advertising.
Apusx.com could come bundled with other free software. With user`s agreement, during a “recommended” installation, one could end up with multiple threats installed. The distribution of Apusx.com is most likely related to installing different third-party toolbars, all kinds of free software, random clicking on ads, pop-up windows, banners or even downloading attached files from your personal e-mail inbox.
Apusx.com hijacker would shoot out all kinds of pop-up windows, banners, ads, search suggestions or sponsored links. It tries to bring as many users as possible to the developers of such malicious software in order to generate profit. Apusx.com might track your browsing habits and steal sensitive information as personal details. The information might be sent to third-party companies that will use it for marketing purposes. We advise you, to take appropriate action, as it is a serious threat to your online security and identity.
*Please note that such software could lead to more malware coming in your computer and even cause a loss of data. Such threats are not to be underestimated!
How To Remove:
There is an automatic removal, using specialized software suite like SpyHunter (recommended for novice users and fast removal), or manual removal method (recommended for experts), using your own skills to remove the infection.
Automatic Apusx.com Removal:
We recommend using SpyHunter Malware Security Suite.
You can download and install SpyHunter to detect Apusx.com and remove it.
SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect all threats present on your system.
Learn more about SpyHunter, or if you want to check out the Install Instructions. SpyHunter`s free diagnosis offers free scans and detection. You can remove the detected files, processes and registry entries manually, by yourself, or to purchase the full version to perform an automatic removal and also to receive free professional help for any malware related queries by the technical support department.
Manual Apusx.com Removal:
*Please note that you should proceed at your own risk. Some incorrectly taken actions might lead to loss of data or destroy your system. Therefore, the manual removal is strongly recommended for experts only. For everyday users, SpywareTechs.com recommends using SpyHunter or any other reputable security solution.
1. Remove Apusx.com Uninstall Entry:
Go to Control Panel and click on Programs and Features (Windows Vista/7/8/10) or Add/Remove Programs (Windows XP) and check the Uninstall Programs` List for any entries related to Apusx.com, Youtube Downloader HD or any third-party add-ons, extensions and toolbars. If you find some, double-click on them to uninstall. Bear in mind that you may not be able to remove it directly from the list.
*(Start -> Control Panel -> Programs and Features or Add/Remove Programs) or “Win + R” keys to open “Run” and type in “control”, then hit enter.
2. Remove Apusx.com From Your Browser:
Go to Tools -> Internet options -> Advanced Tab and click the Reset button (make sure to select the Delete Personal Settings checkbox).
*please note that in order to save your favorites, you need to export them before resetting the browser as you will lose your personal settings.
After IE completes the operation, click close button and then close IE in order for the changes to take effect.
Go to the following path (copy-paste it for easy access) and delete the entire “Chrome” folder.
For Windows XP: %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\
For Windows Vista/Windows 7/8/10: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Google\
Alternatively, navigate to these folders manually:
For Windows XP:
- Click on “Start” in the lower left portion of the screen.
- Choose “Run”. 3. Type %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\ and hit Enter.
For Windows Vista/7/8/10:
- Click on the Windows logo in the lower left portion of the screen.
- Type %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Google\ and hit Enter
- Click the Firefox button at the top of the Firefox main window (upper-left corner), and navigate to the Help sub-menu and select Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the Reset Firefox button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.
- To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.
- Firefox will close and reset itself. When done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish and Firefox will re-open.
- Press “Windows” key on your keyboard. Type “AOL System Information” in the “Search” box, and hit “Enter”. This will open up the “AOL System Information” window.
- Click on “AOL Software” tab (in the left pane) then on the “Quick Restore” button.
- Confirm with “OK” when you get the “Warning” prompt dialog box. Hit “OK” button if you want to reset your settings.
- Press “Close” after the process finishes. Your AOL Desktop will be reset.
3. Check for Added Arguments by Apusx.com in Your Browser`s Shortcuts:
Apusx.com might also hijack your web browser shortcut in order to force-load a different homepage. When you launch a hijacked shortcut, it will open up a malicious page instead of yours.
The argument that Apusx.com uses in order to hijack your browser should look like to the one below:
Remove it manually, by editing the shortcut`s target line.
4. Delete any Files or Folders Related to Apusx.com: