How to Fix saPlugin.dll Error
If you are receiving the following message:
“There was a problem starting: x64\saPlugin.dll The specified module could not be found“
Here is the simple solution to repair this error.
What is a .dll file:
RunDLL (Dynamic Link Library) is Windows system file that executes .dll modules or libraries which could be legitimate or malware. The RunDLL error message shows when there is a .dll file which runs at startup, and has an entry in the registry, but that .dll is missing (removed). However, Windows is trying to execute the .dll but is unable to find it. Generally, such errors could appear when a malicious .dll file was removed during an anti-virus or anti-malware scan. The file has been deleted, but there is still a registry key linking to it. Windows is trying to load the bad .dll when you startup your computer. Since the file is no longer there, Windows displays a RunDLL error message. In order to fix it, you will have to remove the associated registry entry so that Windows will be no longer looking for the particular .dll during the loading process.
To resolve/fix the saPlugin.dll Error, follow the instructions below:
- Download the little program Autoruns from Sysinternals.
- Extract/unzipp the archive in a folder of your choice.
- Open the folder and run autoruns.exe.
*For Windows Vista/7/8/8.1 users: right-click and select “Run As Administrator”.
- Wait for the initial scan to finish up and load a list of entries. When it`s done scanning, it will show “Ready” at the bottom of the window.
- On the top click on File –> Find… and type the file name of the error message (saPlugin.dll). After that, click on “Find Next”.
- Alternatively, you can scroll through the list and look for any entry related to saPlugin.dll.
- If you find any, right-click on that entry, and select “Delete”.
- After you are finished, close Autoruns, and restart your machine.
You should no longer experience this error message after your computer restarts. Although, in order to stay protected and avoid any malware that causes such error messages, try SpyHunter 4 Malware Security Suite now!
SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect all threats present on your system.
Learn more about SpyHunter, or if you want to check out the Install Instructions. SpyHunter`s free diagnosis offers free scans and detection. You can remove the detected files, processes and registry entries manually, by yourself, or to purchase the full version to perform an automatic removal and also to receive free professional help for any malware related queries by the technical support department.
We at SpywareTechs.com hope that these instructions were helpful and you were successful in removing the annoying saPlugin.dll Error message.